The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has some information to share with you about arthritis - a disease that likely affects you or someone you love in one of its many form:
- Arthritis affects 1 in 5 adults in the United States, or an estimated 52.5 million people.
- These estimates are expected to continue to soar, reaching 67 million by 2030.
- Two-thirds of people with arthritis are younger than age 65.
- In 2003, the total cost attributable to arthritis in the United States reached $128 billion.
- Arthritis is the most common cause of disability among adults in this country.
“I hold onto your book as a life preserver and am reading it slowly on purpose...I don't want it to end.” Craig William Dayton, Film Composer